[TYPO3-dev] why USER "_INT" ?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 1 10:59:28 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> try to memorize
>
> INT = Internal handling = generate by code
> EXT = External handling = comes from cache
>
> It's a developers sight.
>
> As Jigal mentioned EXT is not used any more as it's default.

But PHP_SCRIPT* comes in three flavours: no suffix, _INT and _EXT.

If you have a look at the implementation of PHP_SCRIPT in tslib_content you can see that both INT
and EXT are handled with a script marker in TYPO3's cache. For INT an object is stored (serialized),
for EXT it's data (both are non-cached *). The version without any suffix results always in an
include at render time (cached).

So USER_INT and PHP_SCRIPT_INT work in the same way. But USER and and PHP_SCRIPT do *not* work in
the same way. The only thing in common is that the

So I don't even get the reason for the suffixes for PHP_SCRIPT*. The INTernal and EXTernal
explanation doesn't make sense to me.

Masi

* I'm at loss now what excactly is stored in the cache for PHP_SCRIP_EXT. Must be some extra magic.