[TYPO3-dev] scheduler script in TYPO3 4.3

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue Dec 1 00:32:11 CET 2009

Am 30.11.2009, 22:57 Uhr, schrieb Francois Suter <fsu-lists at cobweb.ch>:

> Hi,
>
>> I've setup the cronjob in my hosters config utility (rp hosting) and
>> there is an option for calling a real script and just do a http
>> request. Thats what the sh script returns when its called from
>> cronjob... It might be something with the environment... the 404 error
>> is clearly from TYPO3...
>
> Yes, this is what I suspected and that Steffen also mentioned. Your
> hoster does not really provide cron job support. Only some kind of fake
> mechanism using HTTP requests. This cannot work with the Scheduler
> currently.

this works for me:
create a php file cron_run.php and put these lines into it

<?php
// try one of the lines below
echo
nl2br(system('/www/htdocs/.......your_path_......../typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh
scheduler'));
//echo
nl2br(shell_exec('/www/htdocs/.......your_path_......../typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh
scheduler'));
?>

you can find the path in php info which you can also find in the install
tool

as you can read in steffans post this is kind of a facked cron job, but it
does work as long as there is not too much work
(and as long as you can call system to use a shell command)

--
Philipp Gampe
http://www.philippgampe.info