[TYPO3-dev] UTF-8 and listing

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sat Sep 20 22:25:34 CEST 2008

On 20.09.2008 14:00 Tapio Markula wrote:

> Steffen wrote
> the problem is in the collation utf8_general_ci
>
> Only way is to change the collation on the fly with the select. It's not
> easy, make a search for it, i solved that this way long time ago, but
> doesn't find it right now.
>
> Do somebody else know solution

A clean way would be to add a collation property to INSERTquery() in
class.t3lib_db.php
And then port it to exec_SELECTquery and its buddies, make use of it in
indexed_search, by adding a TS property to the plugin. This enables
collation for searches in different languages.
Other extensions and cms extension could also make use of it.

I admin, I do not have a patch on saturday evening for it ;-)

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/