[TYPO3-dev] tree size

Philipp Metzler phil at goli.at
Mon Sep 15 23:21:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've got a few questions regarding the performance of Typo3 when using
large tree sizes.

Is there a limit regarding the tree size?
Do you have experiences with large trees?
How do the different browsers handle very large tree sizes?
What would you consider a limit regarding performance (especially for
the browser in the backend)?
As the tree is built using JavaScript I guess there are some
limitations there for the different browsers?

We are using the extensions toi_category and category_pages to
categorize and display pages. We are considering using it for managing
the publications of a large company. We miss the feature to categorize
content elements (FCEs). That would be perfect for many uses.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Philipp

DI Philipp Metzler