[TYPO3-dev] output ends up in white page

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:34:18 CEST 2008

on Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:54:39 +0200, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>>
>>> I would love to have error reporting always enabled when admin user is
>>> logged in. If PHP error or warning happens, admin should know about it
>>> immediately. But normally he is unaware about it.
>>
>> I'd rather put that in a "debug" extension that enables all kinds of
>> debug switches in TYPO3 when installed. Not all admins are developers
>> that can make use of the error messages and of course not all admins
>> want to see these messages - although they should be interested in
>> them...
>>

> what's with setting a flag in user settings to enable the error
> reporting? Sure admin only flag.

An option to switch off the errors for admins sounds good. But I wish to
have full reporting for admins by default. And it might be possible to
narrow reporting by IP.
but please: by default every admin should see all errors!

I'm tired about every newbie (one-man-webmaster-admin-editor) who
stumbles upon blank pages and who needs a full walkthru which options are
needed to switch on errorreporting to get any information to detect
failure.

every system with more editors needs a good configuration and rights-
management. then all the reporting can be restricted by the experienced
admin who manages all this.

bernd