[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Sep 11 08:53:55 CEST 2008

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>>
>> Think, would Linux kernel people allow any Linux developer to commit
>> to the Linux kernel? What will happen then?
>
> Linux developer use GIT instead of SVN exactly because of (one) the
> problem(s) discussed here (many developers, but only a few having commit
> rights).

I had only a quick glance on GIT's homepage. None of the key features
(in comparsion to other repositories) seemed to provide a solution for
the workflow problems of the 4.x branch.

Have you any ideas what could be done better if we used GIT instead of
SVN? *

Masi

* real question, not a rhetoric remark