[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Wed Sep 10 23:41:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:

> Think, would Linux kernel people allow any Linux developer to commit to
> the Linux kernel? What will happen then?

Linux developer use GIT instead of SVN exactly because of (one) the
problem(s) discussed here (many developers, but only a few having commit
rights).

I found Linus talk about GIT quite inspiring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

Of course much (if not almost all) well known procedures how to come to
a new release version of TYPO3 would need an overhaul.

Kind regards
Helmut (not having a clue how to solve this "well known problem" for TYPO3)