[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Bug Day coming up this Friday, August 29th

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 2 08:42:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> The fact that a lot of patches already got +1 from an external dev and
> are still not reviewed by a core dev is indeed a bit frustrating. Benni
> just told me he needs to finish a customer project and will then give
> some time to the core list again.

I can tell only about myself.

Sometimes I do not feel like I am a right person to review the patch because I feel weak in that area (EM, for example). On the other case I do not like the idea on the intuitive level but this is not a reason to stop the patch. So I keep quiet again. Yet another case is that testing the patch takes lots of effort to reproduce the bug (it was like that with #8232).

Other developers may have the same reasons. Don't also forget that all core devs do core work in their spare time. Only v5 team is paid for working on TYPO3, v4 is not!

> Maybe there could be some core devs who are officially assigned to patch
> reviewing and guiding new devs?

It is difficult to "assign" people in core team because they are not oligated to work on core (not paid for this). Core team members mostly volunteer for tasks.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team