[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Oct 27 13:58:14 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> The idea was to have one base gallery extension that does the display
>> stuff. You would then have one additional extension for each storage
>> mechanism: file system, database, DAM, ....
>>
>> The advantage I see is that I need only one configuration scheme. As the
>> "magic" gallery extension would support all display options I don't have
>> to worry if gallery extension X working on storage Y supports display
>> mode Z. I can trust that the gallery extension knows how to display the
>> stuff. All I need to do is to plug in the right storage extension.
>
> Ok, let's try an example ;)

That's one is rather extreme. But actually you're arguing not use a CMS
as each site will have different needs. :-)

What I want is a gallery that fulfils many basic needs but is easily
extendable. All galleries I have seen so far (I haven't used them all)
are inflexible and have horrible code that can only be changed with
crude hacks. The docs are not good and often they don't work as
advertised. Their crap, sorry. So this is why I long for the ONE really
great gallery.

Masi