[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Oct 27 13:48:19 CET 2008

Hi,
>> well - all have the image handling in common - that's the part the
>> "global" gallery extension would take care of. If the images are then
>> shown in traditional way with 3 steps or a fancy lightbox-JS-way is up
>> to the view you're connecting/using or coding yourself. But you would at
>> least not have to care about the image handling, maybe categorization
>> stuff or whatever yourself.
>
> So I have to code image storage and views myself. Why does it make
> sense to have a common gallery than? I still have to code 90% of it.

no you don't. Of course by default there would be views and storage
connectors for the most common uses (like a filebase-connector, a
dam-connector, maybe a flickr-connector etc. and a rgsmoothgallery-view,
a 3-step-view, a simple view with lightbox,...) - but if you are in need
of a special one nobody has provided as addon-extension so far - you
could simply add it (by coding the view-handler yourself).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch