[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:22:06 CET 2008

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> But there could be ONE gallery core with all basic features for dealing
> with gallery records, dam or no dam, read from path features, comments
> ect. and then only addon-extensions providing different views. Would be
> the best user/editor experience in my eyes though.

Why don't we all have just one car model? The only car suitable for
roads, forests, transporting heavy loads and at the same time with a
very small fuel consumption and environment friendly?

Just because it is not possible. Same for galleries. They are all
different because they serve different purpose. I never use DAM
because I do not understand it and do not like the way it looks in
BE (not user–friendly at all). Why would I want to have an
extension, whose large part contains support for something that I
will never use? It just takes memory and adds complexity, which in
turn leads to bugs and harder maintenance. Why would I want it?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support