[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Oct 27 09:16:15 CET 2008

Franz Koch a écrit :

>> I remember that static_info_tables required div
>> for unknown reason and it was very irritating to install div for
>> static_info_tables, which was supposed only to provide static data :)
>
> static_info_tables is providing some API for devs - this API required
> div for what reason ever.

This has been necessary because the $TCA for the added translated fields
had not been available in the FE. And the Core team (except Dmitry
Dulepov) refused to put the additional necessary function
loadTcaAdditions into t3lib_div. This bugfix has been necessary however.
Unfortunately I did not have enough time to do a more complicated
improvement for TYPO3 proposed in the Core team list.

Now we have a copy of it (from div) in static_info_tables:

tx_staticinfotables_div::loadTcaAdditions

and therefore static_info_tables does not need div any more.
The major part of the API is coming from the extension sr_static_info,
which has been an enhancement of static_info_tables. Stanislas Rolland
has integrated all code of it and new table fields into
static_info_tables 2.0.0 and he has then marked sr_static_info as obsolete.

Almost every extension developer will need the function loadTcaAdditions
however, if he writes FE code which it based on the $TCA array. The ECT
extension div/div2007 will become more and more important for the
future. This is the only place where you can put important functions
which will be used in many extensions. It is a library for all needed
functions which are missing in t3lib_div and pi_base or which are
improved copies of them.

- Franz