[TYPO3-dev] Moving page in WS will hide it from editors due to missing access settings of placeholder

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Sun Oct 26 19:42:29 CET 2008

Hi again,
> Now, when a editor is moving a page in his subtree, the page finally
> disappears in the pagetree. As admin I still can see the page and the
> WS-Placeholder created for it, but the placeholder has no access
> configuration at all - thus it's disallowed for all users. By setting
> the placeholers access rights, the editors finally can see the moved
> page in the workspace pagetree again.

nobody else ever noticed a behavior like this? I've configured
TCAdefaults, TCEMAIN.permissions ect. without any success. It seems to
be a bug in the method moveRecord_wsPlaceholders of class t3lib_tcemain,
this and their related methods seem not to care about permissions. But I
don't have enough knowledge of the core to be absolutely sure.
After adding the appropriate permissions to the
$newVersion_placeholderFieldArray moving pages inside the workspace
worked like a charm.

Could somebody please confirm this being a bug and not a configuration
error? Then I'll file a bugreport and add a RFC with patch in the core list.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch