[TYPO3-dev] Moving page in WS will hide it from editors due to missing access settings of placeholder

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Oct 23 19:15:03 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm not sure if I'm to stupid to find the right configuration, or if
it's really a bug in the workspace/versioning part of TYPO3 4.2.1.

I've got several editors that are limited to a certain subtree of the
website. Every editor is 'locked' in a custom workspace - so that he
can't mess things up in live version.

Every subtree has the following access settings:
- owner: all rights
- group: all rights
- all: no rights - not even viewing

Now, when a editor is moving a page in his subtree, the page finally
disappears in the pagetree. As admin I still can see the page and the
WS-Placeholder created for it, but the placeholder has no access
configuration at all - thus it's disallowed for all users. By setting
the placeholers access rights, the editors finally can see the moved
page in the workspace pagetree again.

In pageTS I defined a default usergroup and access-settings to use for
new pages - but they don't get used for the WS-placeholder. But the
placeholder should have the same access settings as it's related page
and not fall back to some default value anyway.

Is this a bug or did I simply miss a setting somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch