[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Oct 20 19:19:50 CEST 2008

Hi Georg,

> No I haven't but I see the advantages. What I just don't know is: How
> does the TCA needs to look like to set also the tablename in the mm-table?
> I would change 'pages_tx_categorize_cat_mm' to 'tx_categorize_cat_mm'
> but what is the next step?

you could have a look at how "dam" or "categories" handle this. Both of
'em are using a structure similar to this one:

'config' => Array (
    'type' => 'select',
    'form_type' => 'user',

    [...]

    'MM' => "tx_categorize_mm",
    'MM_match_fields' => array(
        'ident' => 'tx_ttnews',
    )

The MM table should contain a field called 'tablenames' (maybe handled
by the TYPO3 MM API!?) and one called 'ident' (it's the one configured
in the TCA MM_match_fields section above).

Cheers,
Jochen