[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Mon Oct 20 18:19:17 CEST 2008

Hi Ernoste,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> I was wondering how this is related to the "categories" extensions that
> was being developed by Mads Brunn under the "ECT" unbrella
> (http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-categories).

not related but I will look at it.

> Another thing: have you thought about having a single global
> "tx_categorize_mm" table which all other tables could use (with
> tablenames + ident fields)? I was thinking something like DAM project
> has done for other extensions to be able to use DAM media without having
> to create aditional "MM-tables" (tx_dam_mm_ref).

No I haven't but I see the advantages. What I just don't know is: How
does the TCA needs to look like to set also the tablename in the mm-table?

Currently I do something like

		"config" => Array (
			'type' => 'select',
			'form_type' => 'user',
			'userFunc' => 'tx_categorize_treeview->displayCategoryTree',
			'treeView' => 1,
			'treeName' => 'txchtreeviewexample',
			'foreign_table' => 'tx_categorize_cat',
			'size' => 5,
			'autoSizeMax' => 10,
			'minitems' => 0,
			'maxitems' => 10,
			"MM" => "pages_tx_categorize_cat_mm",

I would change 'pages_tx_categorize_cat_mm' to 'tx_categorize_cat_mm'
but what is the next step?

Can you help a bit?

Georg