[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Sat Oct 18 15:41:38 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

thanks for your ideas & input

Martin Ficzel wrote:
> 1. I dont like translating the categories by a single language-overlay
> field like in the screenshot. The general translation features of typo3
> should be used instead.

yeah this will change.

> 2. Wich method do you use for displaying the category tree? I know
> similar trees from tt_address, tt_news and dam. Each of them is using
> its own code. I would prefer to add the treeview as a tca-feature to the
> core. Maybe this is planned already.

You are right but I won't to a patch for the core. If someone got a nice
  code, I will be happy to switch because the structure is always the
same: there is 1 field which holds the parent_id and thats it! My code
is a bit too messy to put this in core.

> 3. Is it possible to use seperate categories for parts of the pagetree?
> Maybe this is done by using the recordStoragePage.

This would be no problem because in your ext you could just say: and pid
= xyz or as you said by using the storage pid.

> 4. Will it be possible to bind categories to some record types. Not all
> records must share all categories.

same as above! I don't know yet what I do with tt_content & pages but
probably as in tt_news working with the Storage Pid

Georg