[TYPO3-dev] new EXT:categorize to categorize everything

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Sat Oct 18 10:29:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

i am working on a new extension called categorize [1] which makes it
possible to categorize every record (pages, content elements, tt_news
records, fe-users,...) with the same categories.

The main advantage is: Inside a plugin you can define: I want all
records with the categories A+B and you will get all FE-User which got
those 2 categories and all news records and so on. Of course this can be
restricted to a spefic table too.

Every marker you want to use is defined inside the TS, so nothing to do
with PHP. E.g. the output of fe_users [2] or to render the whole content
element (which has been categorized) [3].

If you want to use the categories at your own extension all you would
need to do is: Define a mm-relation to the category-table and set 2
lines of TS.

First screenshots are at forge too [4].

I am happy to see your comments and thougts about it!

Georg
[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-categorize
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-categorize/More_examples
[3] http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-categorize/Configuration#Example