[TYPO3-dev] How to do a performance-friendly search?

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Fri Oct 17 08:54:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

I will do a new ext for a customer who will present many tours on his
website.
Every tour got some information like which month is the best, how
difficiult will it be, is it good for kids and so on.

So there will be many checkboxes inside the search form like

Enter a search word: ________

Specify your search:
Dates
[ ] Jan  [ ] Feb ....
Difficulty
[ ] easy [ ] normal [ ] difficult

and so on.

How should I do the search with checkboxes? Each record can have
multiple select options, so checkboxes will be the best there.

Will the search query just be a big AND - OR combination or is there
kind of better idea?

Georg