[TYPO3-dev] Database/Table Updates from frontend extension with versioning

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 14 12:04:10 CEST 2008

Hi!

Alex Masidlover wrote:
> On the previous attempt I gave up and use exec_XXXquery, but it seems to
> me that there should be some sort of wrapper around them that handles
> page id, user id, creation/modification dates and versioning -
> versioning particularly is important this time (I have ticked 'enable
> versioning' in the kickstarter).

$this->cObj->enableFields($tableName) will care about dates and user groups. pid usually comes from your plugin's configuration, so you have to do it yourself. For versioning you have to study how it works and do it yourself :(

> Any thoughts or guidance would be most appreciated, failing that I'll
> post my method if I end up writing one in case anyone else needs it.

You an make a patch and propose it in the core list (make sure you see how it is done there).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team