[TYPO3-dev] TinyMCE port for TYPO3 (tinymce_rte) needs testing

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 14 09:17:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Thomas Allmer wrote:
> We are currently trying to create another hopefully nice and usefully
> TinyMCE port for TYPO3. (some parts are based on tinyrte)

Can you give some more information? Why yet another one? There are already working editors. What do you plna for yours? How will it be better than others? :) It is good to know before trying to test (i.e. is it worth testing?).

> It's main goal is to create an really easy approach to configure
> TinyMCE. It also come with a quite nice settings for the transformation.
> So you just need to install it and all should work (tables, inline
> style...)

I'd say the focus should be on supporting all TYPO3 features. If it is nice to configure but it does not work well with TYPO3 forms and transformations, it will be a failure. If you could have a normal TYPO3 link window instead of custom one, it will be good.

Please, see this e-mail as an interest in TinyMCE. I used those on several sites but they all failed in certain parts and I had to go back to htmlarea, which is not the brightest editor available.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team