[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Oct 13 17:04:47 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> come on, you're disappointing me as a core developer here. It is the
> perfectly right point. If it is not stated as allowed, it simply isn't.
> This is like Deny All, Allow X, nothing else.

There are different views on the topic. I think we should look to all of them without emotions. In theory I am completely on Ingo's side (because I do not like ext developers who act irresponsibly passing wrong parameters to functions) but I understand Ernesto's position because breaking web sites is not good and can cause financial losses for companies. So there is not absolutely right position here. You both are right.

I think Ernesto's solution is quite clean:
- allow array or null

What if we add:
- since TYPO3 4.4 we allow only array

This would give time to developers and give us more room for quality improvement.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team