[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Oct 13 16:55:40 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

>> We never declared we allow NULL.
>
> That is not the point. It was also never disallowed.

come on, you're disappointing me as a core developer here. It is the
perfectly right point. If it is not stated as allowed, it simply isn't.
This is like Deny All, Allow X, nothing else.

 > And which probably were
> "good code" at the point in time where they where written, where
> everybody made those calls, maybe even kickstarter generated it. ;)

even then they aren't right.

> There are some changes that are of course not backwards compatible,
> which will break extensions and which we did in the past (upgrade to
> PHP5, change of paths and symlinks), but in most case there was a good
> reason to do so, breaking the one or other existing extensions. In my
> eyes this is not a good reason.

they wouldn't break if the developer would stick to the docs, simple
like that.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner