[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Oct 9 11:30:23 CEST 2008

Sebastian Gebhard schrieb:
> +1
>
> Though the idea to claim better code might be good and the extension
> developers DO have responsibililty, all this ideological things won't
> help. If Version 4.3. stops many extensions to work I think the major
> part of TYPO3 users won't upgrade (or downgrade after upgrade and
> swearing) and that would mean Version 4.3 will not be successful. We all
> don't want that.

In 4.0 the directory layout changed as the copies/symlinks for tslib and
other files have been removed. That was quite a change.

So stop whining about a no-change. The method always required an array
only PHP4 didn't have a proper way to enforce it.

TYPO3 4.x will use in the future all means provided by PHP 5.x to ensure
*proper* use of the API.

Masi