[TYPO3-dev] What I miss in TYPO3 => goal for 4.3?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Nov 14 08:58:38 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

>> First of all, perhaps it already exists (such as in conjunction with
>> the misc/superadmin.php script which seems to have been forgotten over
>> time) but I'm not aware of it.
>>
>> As the feature list is still often, I really really lack a way to
>> instantiate a TYPO3 website automatically. What I would need:
>>

> we created a script on a server to install TYPO3 for clients on demand
> with pre-configuration, is that what you're looking for? Its possible.

I already have a script that creates the Apache configuration, create
the directory, untar dummy.tar.gz, links it to the shared source,
creates the database and db user and configures the localconf.php
automatically. What I miss are the next points.

>> - Creation of backend users from external script => API to do this
>> without having to actually instantiate the whole BE stuff
>>

> INSERT INTO be_users ...

OK but I need a valid database structure first and...

>> - API to update the DB from script => would allow scripts to create
>> the initial structure
>>

> mysqldump

... this forces me to install a blank website somewhere to get the
initial database structure that I may mysqldump-ize and then replay it
against my new database. Your solution works but I don't like it. I want
to be able to "say OK" to the result of the database analyzer / compare
from the Install tool but called from the command line. I do not want to
have to redump the "blank" DB each time a new version of TYPO3 is out.
Moreover if I find a way to preinstall a few extensions, I want their
configuration to be included too in the initial DB configuration.

>> A big plus would be:
>>
>> - script installation of extensions => API to "un-t3x-ize" a t3x file
>>

> look at snippets.typo3.org, Jeff postet a script for that

OK, I'll see.

> sry if my answers sound sarcastic, that was not my intention, i'm just
> curious what you want to do.

Not at all :-)

Thanks for your remarks.

--