[TYPO3-dev] What I miss in TYPO3 => goal for 4.3?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Nov 13 18:40:49 CET 2008

Hi,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, perhaps it already exists (such as in conjunction with the
> misc/superadmin.php script which seems to have been forgotten over time)
> but I'm not aware of it.
>
> As the feature list is still often, I really really lack a way to
> instantiate a TYPO3 website automatically. What I would need:

we created a script on a server to install TYPO3 for clients on demand
with pre-configuration, is that what you're looking for? Its possible.

> - Creation of backend users from external script => API to do this
> without having to actually instantiate the whole BE stuff

INSERT INTO be_users ...

> - API to update the DB from script => would allow scripts to create the
> initial structure

mysqldump

> What would be great:
>
> - An official way of factorizing common configuration such as path to GM
> or IM, dpi resolution for TTF, ... over multiple websites

why? what is the purpose?

> A big plus would be:
>
> - script installation of extensions => API to "un-t3x-ize" a t3x file

look at snippets.typo3.org, Jeff postet a script for that

sry if my answers sound sarcastic, that was not my intention, i'm just
curious what you want to do.

vg Steffen