[TYPO3-dev] DBAL - does it actually work

Moreno Feltscher moreno.feltscher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:12:57 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:52 PM, ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> and on I believe it was possible to run TYPO3 on oracle aswell (core
> people
> made even changed to core for that).
Yes it is. We have a working TYPO3 4.0 - Oracle 10g installation
running here. As everyone said it's quite hard work to get DBAL
working. We had to change most of our extensions. Core worked more or
less fine (even EM), there are only problems with the install tool
(database compare) which are hard to solve. I also talked to Karsten
Damberkalns and Masi about that, there is no solution at the moment.

Would be glad to have more people working (and of course developing)
with such solutions..

Cheers
Moreno