[TYPO3-dev] DBAL - does it actually work

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Tue Nov 11 04:44:03 CET 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to migrate a TYPO3 site from MySQL to PostgreSQL and am
encountering lots of problems. After I found out how to actually get
the installer to use the DBAL, I could set up an admin user in an
existing database. However, the database schema I had to migrate
manually because the database compare will still try to run MySQL
queries instead of PostgreSQL ones. I also have trouble migrating the
contents over. I tried to use t3d exports but they will result in a
mainly flat site and not preserve the tree as it was on the old site no
matter what my setting are.

Is TYPO3 4.2.2 supposed to run on PostgreSQL without problems (using
the DBAL)? Is the installer supposed to work (including the database
compare)? Are t3d exports supposed to get imported alright for whole
sites?

Cheers,
Christian