[TYPO3-dev] DBAL - does it actually work

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 11 09:06:23 CET 2008

Christian Lerrahn schrieb:

> Is TYPO3 4.2.2 supposed to run on PostgreSQL without problems (using
> the DBAL)?

It should (at least the Core),

> Is the installer supposed to work (including the database
> compare)?

Setting up a new site worked for me. I didn't do the initial migration
(which caused trouble for a colleague of mine) at least the EM created
new tables correctly.

> Are t3d exports supposed to get imported alright for whole
> sites?

If your whole site fits into one t3d it must be small :) Anyway I had
success with branches of a site.

Disclaimer: I have no experience with PostgreSQL and 4.2, but it worked
for me with 4.1 after I changed one Core SELECT * and fixed some
extensions (inc. tt_news).

Masi

* Web>page uses groupy-by in a non-standard way. It seems to try to show
only one translation per language of a page.