[TYPO3-dev] tinymce_rte is now beta

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:06:20 CET 2008

Hi!

daKmoR wrote:
> mhm... so it seems, what we have here is quite wrong?
> first copied it from tinyrte and just modified it...
>
> it works, but seems to be not the way it should be done?
>
> I'm a little bit confused now...

I did not check your ext yet but I really want to ;) I do not like
htmlarea at all and I am big fun of TinyMCE.

Every TYPO3 RTE should use TYPO3 link window because of several reasons.

Firsts, it exists and mantained by the core team. So if something
changes, this code is updated. You have one less huge code piece to
manage.

Secondly, some extensions (like DAM or tkr_rteachors) customize this
window. If you use it, you get DAM and anything else automatically.
No changes from your side at all.

So you should really make a TinyMCE plugin for TYPO3 link window.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support