[TYPO3-dev] Upper-level constants cleared when template is root-level

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Nov 3 20:41:27 CET 2008

Hi,

I have following site structure:

root
   `-- config
        `-- somepage
              `-- someotherpage

config has a template with a few constants that should apply globally

somepage has an extended template (don't bother with this)

someotherpage has an extended template with "rootlevel" activated, in
order for the menu (defined on "config") to start with this level and
not an upper one.

Now, my TSsetup is well inherited on someotherpage but my constants are
lost if I activate rootlevel.

Of course, I did not check checkboxes above this option to clear either
the setup or the constants.

Why does this happen? Is this a bug or a "feature"?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en