[TYPO3-dev] tinymce_rte is now beta

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Thu Nov 13 21:24:31 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Every TYPO3 RTE should use TYPO3 link window because of several reasons.
>
> Firsts, it exists and mantained by the core team. So if something
> changes, this code is updated. You have one less huge code piece to
> manage.

I compared browse_links.php with of tinymce_rte with
class.browse_links.php and browse_links.php of Typo3 4.1.7 and 4.2.3
and made patches.

There was just so much differencies that it was impossible to use
class.browse_links.php.

Thomas build build in linkhandler support on fixed files.

> Secondly, some extensions (like DAM or tkr_rteachors) customize this
> window. If you use it, you get DAM and anything else automatically.
> No changes from your side at all.

Unfortunately impossible use class.browse_links.php, which cause that
the existing browse_link.php must check quite often.

Linkhandler is now working but dam has some problems.
  But I recommend to look the build in linkhandler support - why just
not build build-in linkhandler support also into the core?