[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat May 31 18:35:12 CEST 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1212250775.23621.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey Ingo,
>>
>> we also discussed with some others that everything that belongs to
>> workspaces and is in the topmenu should go in a topmenu-dropdown (like
>> the others) to make it consistent with the other topmenu-dropdowns
>> (search).
>
> I would like to see the WS change UI iterface, whatever it looks like, to
> be nearer to the page tree. The reason is that a WS may show only a
> subtree of the whole tree. And if a user has access to more than one WS,
> she may want to change the WS when she notices that a certain page isn't
> available in this particular WS. For the user it's more like a drive
> letter in the DOS/Windows world.
>
> Ideally the UI element was placed above the page tree, but as not every
> module shows it that is no option.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

the problem atm i see is that changing WS needs to reload the whole BE.
I don't know the exact reason but i think it's because the workspace
selector in Toolbar, correct me if i'm wrong.

Indeed this make sense to have the WS-selector on top of pagetree, and
changing workspace would only reload pagetree,
good idea!

vg Steffen