[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat May 31 18:19:36 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Ingo,
>
> we also discussed with some others that everything that belongs to
> workspaces and is in the topmenu should go in a topmenu-dropdown (like
> the others) to make it consistent with the other topmenu-dropdowns
> (search).

I would like to see the WS change UI iterface, whatever it looks like,
to be nearer to the page tree. The reason is that a WS may show only a
subtree of the whole tree. And if a user has access to more than one WS,
she may want to change the WS when she notices that a certain page isn't
available in this particular WS. For the user it's more like a drive
letter in the DOS/Windows world.

Ideally the UI element was placed above the page tree, but as not every
module shows it that is no option.

Masi