[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri May 30 16:20:08 CEST 2008

Hey, I already sent Kasper a mail about that --- last weekend.

==============
On May 25, 2008, at 10:42, Benjamin Mack wrote:

 > Hey kasper,
 >
 > we're currently sitting at the netcreators office and do some UI cleanup
 > for TYPO3 4.3. Ben and I were thinking of moving all the UI-related
 > things that are needed for workspaces into a system extension. Basically
 > we still want to keep all the functionality in the core, but just move
 > the Backend module, the menu on the top frame in the backend and some
 > other areas (where we hook in with the new sysext) in a sysext that can
 > be disabled.
 >
 > What do you think of that? Is this ok with you? If so, I'd like to work
 > on this in the coming weeks (but only if I have your approval, otherwise
 > my work is useless) ...
===============================

If the rest of the core team thinks it's a good idea and if you can do
it without touching critical parts in terms of security and how
workspaces work (that means, if you touch only UI stuff), then I'm fine
with this.

- kasper

Is that what you had in mind as well, Ingo?

--
greetings,
benni.