[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 30 14:30:43 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> I'm just starting to add new features to workspace. In that process I
>> again noticed that there is double code in the core relating to
>> versioning and workspaces.
>>
>> I'd like to move code relating to those areas into a separate extension.
>
> Check BT. There is a bug report for it.
>
> Also ask Kasper, he vetoed such change in the past. May be he will not
> veto it now...

With due respect to the past king and in conformance to our commitment
to let only WS patches into the Core that have been reviewd by Kasper,
it makes little difference if code is in mod/ or in sysext/. Kasper
wanted initially that WS couldn't be hidden, so that the world will know
about the new feature. Well, Ws can mostly be hidden now, so there's no
point in vetoing again a mere shift of code from one directory to another.

Masi