[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri May 30 12:25:59 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm just starting to add new features to workspace. In that process I
again noticed that there is double code in the core relating to
versioning and workspaces.

I'd like to move code relating to those areas into a separate extension.
   This is especially about the code that is in charge for the GUI
rendering of workspaces.
Basically this could also mean that when uninstalling you'll be back in
TYPO3 3.8. Although workspaces can not be disabled completely as they're
reaching too deep into the system one could at least disable them
visually - and then always be working in the LIVE workspace.

what do you think?
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner