[TYPO3-dev] list in page module

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon May 19 18:11:49 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1211212051.29689.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i ask myself if it make sense to display FEusers in page module as list
>> by default.
>> Reason is, that in this view you also see the password (if not
>> encrypted),
>> and i generally dislike the mixture of content elements and list there.
>
> Well, the password could be reomved easily. I think I have filed a bug
> report concerning this.
>
>> There are special cases where it is fine to see lists, eg if a picture is
>> rendered, but this would be better in a new list module in 4.3 (maybe).
>> So my proposal would be to delete default list of FEusers i page module.
>
> I think that the point of records in the page module was to give users
> without access to Web>List a way to edit certain records.
>
> But as Web>Page doesn't have proper paging etc the implementation is far
> from optimal. Maybe there is another better way to achieve a
> "light-weight" access (easy to use) to list/edit/add records. I think that
> even after a rewrite Web>List will be a power user tool.

may be, but i think it could cover easy views and power views.
Extensions could deliver a default view, eg. News come with title, date and
picture

There could be a switch to "expert mode"

So we would have it in one module, only the view is different.

I also use for huge list pages often the setting
mod.web_list.listOnlyInSingleTableView = 1
which simplifies first view. I could imagine such view as default

Table title [records]
- view entries
- view / edit entries [that would be expert view]
- add entries

And back to page module, there could be a simple list at bottom
tt_news [112 entries]  ***view records***
fe_user [5 entries]       ***view records***

where the links switch to the list view with this table only

... only direct written brainstorming ...

vg Steffen