[TYPO3-dev] list in page module

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon May 19 17:47:31 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i ask myself if it make sense to display FEusers in page module as list by
> default.
> Reason is, that in this view you also see the password (if not encrypted),
> and i generally dislike the mixture of content elements and list there.

Well, the password could be reomved easily. I think I have filed a bug
report concerning this.

> There are special cases where it is fine to see lists, eg if a picture is
> rendered, but this would be better in a new list module in 4.3 (maybe). So
> my proposal would be to delete default list of FEusers i page module.

I think that the point of records in the page module was to give users
without access to Web>List a way to edit certain records.

But as Web>Page doesn't have proper paging etc the implementation is far
from optimal. Maybe there is another better way to achieve a
"light-weight" access (easy to use) to list/edit/add records. I think
that even after a rewrite Web>List will be a power user tool.

How about a Web>Data module? It will show all tables that are configured
to be shown here in an overview: which tables are there (eg tt_news),
what is the prupose (storage of News items), how many records are
stored. Maybe we can add some task oriented stuff too (eg "add new news
entry"). Either way the module will have to provide a simplified list
functionality with user friendly list features (like image thumbnails).

Masi