[TYPO3-dev] Use ereg(), not stristr():

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat May 17 15:29:04 CEST 2008

hi,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> this is an option in Objectbrowser search.
>
> I think you confirm that no user will know what that means.
> So can you make a proposal how this option could be labeled?

always wondered what exactly the difference is. If I understood PHP
manual correctly there are two main differences:

- ereg is case sensitive, stristr not
- and with ereg it is possible to enter regular expressions

Is this correct?

Then I would propose something like "case sensitive" as label - of
course we would neglect the possibility to use regular expressions then
but who needs them in the object browser? <- Is there someone out there
willing to explain the usefulness of them there?

Regards,

Susanne