[TYPO3-dev] Sphinx for indexed_search

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon May 5 22:46:10 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi all,

> Have you done testing on how much faster it is to use FULLTEXT indexes
> for single word searches in favor than our "good-old" indexed word-list?
> I would expect that to have similar speed. Of course multi-word searches
> and especially phrases should gain a major speed bump.

I tested Stucki's patches and fulltext is twice as fast as the current
implementation. I did that also by using xdebug/KCachegrind and spotted
the last bottleneck for indexed_search. tslib_content->getTreeList get
called about 2500 times when searching for a single word with about 100
results on a site with about 1000 pages in the index.

I'm going to cache the result of getTreeList in a new table so that
these (recursive) calls aren't necessary anymore. Other extension also
make heavy use of getTreeList through pibase so that this should result
in an overall speed gain on many sites...

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner