[TYPO3-dev] Sphinx for indexed_search

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Mon May 5 10:47:38 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> John Angel wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
>> What do you think of Sphinx as indexed_search replacement?
>
> nothing. Seriously, just wait for the first 4.3 patches after T3DD ...
> something's cooking =)

Please do not repeat what has been done before: closed door development
with the we-know-best attitude *. I favour an open process with a little
discussion on the details of the implementation.

AFAIK Michael tries to use Mysql's FULLTEXT index. I don't think it's
that complicated to do. But how does this behave with DBAL. Any chance
somebody extends the concept to cover the TEXT indices (only Mysql calls
it FULLTEXT) of other RDBMS.

Masi

* Or is this only an attempt of marketing?