[TYPO3-dev] domesticating t3lib_div::debug

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri May 2 21:31:19 CEST 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1209751265.1255.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> no - but this is because it's not documented yet and kickstarter produces
>> "old" code.
>> IMHO kickstarter should create the HTML-Template and simple docheader to
>> fit to new BE.
>
> So, as I said, it is incompatible with 100% of existing extensions. Who
> will update existing extnesions? This takes time (=money).
>
>> btw - simply use of
>> echo $GLOBALS['debugOut'];
>> shows you the info without templating. It can be accessed from anywhere.
>
> No, it can't because it does not take devIPMask into account.
>
> In any case, listen to yourself :) You say: "We introduced docheaders and
> debug() is now broken. So, instead of fixing docheaders, let's break
> debug() for every existing extension but make it work for docheaders".
> This is not right. If docheaders broke debug, fix docheaders, do not break
> debug further :) DO not touch function that worked for ages. Fix new
> functions that is not yet fully used be people.
>
> --

ok, i see that point. This was the reason why i want to discuss it.
Anyway i see a solution for this problem.

The problem of direct printing is that it doesn't work with docheaders
because the absolute position, the buttons are not accessible if it comes
down. I don't see a css solution for this scenario, and a lot of css cracks
tried to do.

Best way we place the debug to another place. Whats about this solution:

If there is a template it goes to ###DEBUG###. After it's in the marker,
$GLOBALS['debugOut'] will be cleared.

End of document backend.php prints the $GLOBALS['debugOut'] direct.

Opportunities:
- if there is a template it is placed at a favourite position.
- if it's not printed and cleared it will be printet at end of the document
(below the frames). It doesn't conflict with any CSS and will be readable in
all cases.

vg Steffen