[TYPO3-dev] domesticating t3lib_div::debug

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri May 2 20:01:05 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> no - but this is because it's not documented yet and kickstarter produces
> "old" code.
> IMHO kickstarter should create the HTML-Template and simple docheader to fit
> to new BE.

So, as I said, it is incompatible with 100% of existing extensions. Who will update existing extnesions? This takes time (=money).

> btw - simply use of
> echo $GLOBALS['debugOut'];
> shows you the info without templating. It can be accessed from anywhere.

No, it can't because it does not take devIPMask into account.

In any case, listen to yourself :) You say: "We introduced docheaders and debug() is now broken. So, instead of fixing docheaders, let's break debug() for every existing extension but make it work for docheaders". This is not right. If docheaders broke debug, fix docheaders, do not break debug further :) DO not touch function that worked for ages. Fix new functions that is not yet fully used be people.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team