[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri May 2 14:12:37 CEST 2008

Klaus Hinum wrote:
> I think there should be some kind of error message somewhere (or is
> there any log I have not considered). What wonders me, is that it worked
> in Typo3 4.1.5. Perhaps by adding to the cache (after it stopped adding
> content) some sort of Error message. "Stopped writing to cache because
> of an invalid character" or something.

TYPO3 does not parse output for invalid characters. It is extension's responsibility not to die, not to crash, not to screw up anything and to produce valid characters. Do not ask core to fix extension errors. Just make proper output in extension :)

It worked in 4.1.5 because it used BLOB instead of TEXT. BLOBs are binary, TEXT use proper charsets.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team