[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 4.2 Cache Bug?

Klaus Hinum k_hinum at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 22:28:30 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Klaus Hinum wrote:
>> We have now solved the problem by using the mb_substr() function.
>> Still I think the Typo3 cache shouldn't just stop writing the cached
>> data in the db without any error message.
>
> I'd like to hear exact proposals what to change instead of "shouldn't
> just stop writing". What exactly we should change? Should we check for
> every character produced by every extension that it fits to UTF-8
> properly? Is it truly our job to repair extension bugs? I do not think
> so, sorry :( If extension produce wrong output, this is not TYPO3 fault.
>
>> Does the Typo3 string cutting function take UTF-8 into consideration?
>
> Yes. They take any charset into consideration. Look at
> t3lib/class.t3lib_cs.php.
>
>> Does it need mbstring?
>
> TYPO3 can use mb_string automatically. Check Install tool.

I think there should be some kind of error message somewhere (or is
there any log I have not considered). What wonders me, is that it worked
in Typo3 4.1.5. Perhaps by adding to the cache (after it stopped adding
content) some sort of Error message. "Stopped writing to cache because
of an invalid character" or something.

Greetings
Klaus