[TYPO3-dev] An idea to further process ' page not found ' 404 handling

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:19:43 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Matt K - [SwagmanInternet]
<typo3 at swagmaninternet.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
>  Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>  > Hi!
>

>  >
>  >> Please let us not foucs on the suggested short-term fix to .htaccess
>  >> file suggested by myself...
>  >
>  > I do not think it is a fix. In my opinion it is more a hack for one
>  > particular infrequently used TYPO3 feature :)
>
>  I agree, it was a suggested workaround for anyone who expriences
>  404 handling redirecting to their home page.
>

>  >
>  > Don't misunderstand me: I am not against changes as such. But
>  > "type=000" does not look like a right thing to me.

Matt, I'm really surprised that you were the first to report this
problem. But I can confirm that the problem exists as reported when no
URL rewriting is used, and also with simulateStaticDocuments. In these
cases, 404 pages and headers are not produced except in response to
nonexistent .html files in the site root. Requests for nonexistent
files of other types and files of any sort in subdirectories are
redirected to the home page. Odd.

With RealURL, 404 pages and headers work in all of the above cases, as expected.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/