[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Mar 27 22:40:29 CET 2008

"Christopher Torgalson" <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.13361.1206651630.5943.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> nobody is talking about *default* TS stdWrap on USER. The idea is to
> make stdWrap available from TS for the USER cObject as it is for all
> the others, but any particular wrap would still have to be *added* by
> individual site administrators. In this scenario, any 'double
> application of stdWrap' would have to be performed more or less
> intentionally by site admins, and so should not be any of particular
> concern of extension developers.

absolutely correct. If extension makes a wrap there is no need to do it
again.
Also please keep in mind that stdWrap not only is used for wrapping.

One very important case imho is the case that extension doesn't output
anything, so you may want to show something else.

I mean this functionality gives you the chance to do something without
patching the extension, that's the main point.

vg  Steffen