[TYPO3-dev] stdWrap for all TLO's

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 22:00:16 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]
<ernst at cron-it.de> wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>

>  But still that doesn't answer the problem of extensions that already are
>  using the stdWrap property already inside the USER code. Say we have:
>
>         obj = USER
>         obj.stdWrap.wrap = <div class="ya">|</div>
>
>  Now in my plugin I have (the plugin is 5 years old, it always worked
>  like that):
>
>         function main($conf)
>                 return $this->cObj->stdWrap($out, $conf['stdWrap.']);
>         }
>
>  And now we add the functionality in CORE so that a "default stdWrap" is
>  always applied. Note that CORE doesn't know that the plugin already
>  applied the stdWrap. So core goes and also:
>
>         cObj->stdWrap($pluginOutput, $conf['stdWrap.']);
>

>  And now we've got:

>  and we (the admin) have no way to get rid of the double application of
>  the stdWrap, without changing the extension / plugin PHP source-code.
>  Imagine that the "stdWrap" property was being used by some totally
>  different reason inside the plugin (e.g. as a standard stdWrap for every
>  field...), we cannot simply "re-use" that for a default stdWrap.
>
>  So in my eyes we either need another "name" for that (one that hasn't
>  been used by plugins so far) or we just assume that all extensions that
>  do use the "stdWrap" are deprecated (or just work with TYPO3 < 4.3).
>
>  Or is something wrong about that thought?

Yes there is. How is it that you think this could happen without
administrative input?

Unless I've missed something (could be, this is an old thread...)
nobody is talking about *default* TS stdWrap on USER. The idea is to
make stdWrap available from TS for the USER cObject as it is for all
the others, but any particular wrap would still have to be *added* by
individual site administrators. In this scenario, any 'double
application of stdWrap' would have to be performed more or less
intentionally by site admins, and so should not be any of particular
concern of extension developers.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/