[TYPO3-dev] Firefox 3 and TYPO3 backend

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed Mar 26 11:36:40 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> "ben van 't ende [netcreators]" <ben at netcreators.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1206525436.25608.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi,
>>
>> There have been two bugreports (7516 + 7646) about FF3 and the backend.
>> This problem is fixed in the latest TYPO3 4.2beta. This problem is still
>> there for all older TYPO3 installations ofcourse. Do we need to take some
>> action in the direction of the FF3 team? I mean this problem is not
>> present in any other browser and it hardly seems an option to bugfix every
>> TYPO3 installation.
>>
>> gRTz
>>
>> ben
>> --
>> netcreators :: creation and innovation
>> www.netcreators.com -  www.TYPO3.nl
>>
>> Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
>> http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> as i see some of simular problems are in latest Opera Beta as well. It would
> be helpful to know what exactly changed instead of hopping from bug to bug.
> I think these fixes should go in 4.1.6 as well, it makes no sense to fix all
> versions before, so using newest browser implicits using newest T3 source as
> well.

Hi Steffen,

No Don't agree. I does not make sense to me to use a new browser for a new
backend. There should be some backwards compatibility. I am wondering if this is
a FF3 bug rather than a TYPO3 bug. I have been using FF3 as my default browser
for the last 3 months, because it is so much better than FF2. Now everytime I
have to go into an older backend (almost all). Instead of trying to fix all
TYPO3 versions my question still remains: Do we need to take some action in the
direction of the FF3 team?

gRTz

ben